Officials of the Polish Armaments Group during their meeting at the Embassy with Philippine Ambassador Patricia Ann V. Paez; L to R: Deputy Director of the International Trade Office Mr. Waldemar Lisek; Sales Manager for Asian Markets Mr. Tomasz Walencewicz; and Amb. Paez
PGZ officials hand over a miniature of the classic Polish saber to Amb. Paez
Amb. Paez reciprocates with products from the Philippines
WARSAW_The Polish Armaments Group (Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa S.A., PGZ) is keen on defense cooperation with the Philippines whose priorities include territorial defense and counterterrorism.
This was expressed during the meeting between Philippine envoy to Poland Ms. Patricia Ann V. Paez and PGZ officials, namely, with Deputy Director of the International Trade Office Mr. Waldemar Lisek and Sales Manager for Asian Markets Mr. Tomasz Walencewicz at the Philippine Embassy in Warsaw.
The PGZ is an umbrella organization for more than 30 defense-related Polish companies with a workforce of at least 16,000. and an annual turnover of PLN 4.5 billion (USD 1 = PLN 3.5).
It provides a mechanism for defense cooperation between Poland and other countries in the field of military equipment production; R & D project implementation; and innovative products and solutions such as “smart specialization” in air and anti-aircraft defense, unmanned systems, command support and battlefield visualization, small arms, rocket and artillery weapons, and innovative marine technology.
Among the member-companies of PGZ and their respective specializations/products are:
- PCO S.A. - largest Polish manufacturer of optoelectronic products with the use of the laser, night vision, and thermal imaging technologies which, today, are essential equipment for an individual soldier and nearly all types of combat hardware;
- ZM DEZAMET S.A. - manufactures, among others, mortar ammunition rifle and hand grenades and 40 mm ammunition for HV and LV grenade launchers;
- ZM “Bumar-Mikulczyce” S.A. - produces mechanical transmissions for military and civilian uses;
- ZM “Bumar-Labedy” S.A. - manufactures tanks and armoured recovery vehicles;
- Zaklady Mechaniczne Tarnow S.A.- produces sniper rifles, machine guns, grenade launchers, mortars, anti-aircraft artillery, artillery/rocket weapons, and training equipment;
- PSO Maskpol S.A. - manufactures gas masks, bulletproof vests, composite combat helmets, NBC clothing, and decontamination systems;
- Rosomak S.A. - manufactures combat vehicles which permit their adaptation to diverse battlefield conditions;
- Huta Stalowa Wola S.A. - designs and manufactures artillery equipment which are self-propelled, towed, and mountable on other structures; manufactures light armoured carriers on tracked and wheeled chassis and engineering equipment; self-propelled howitzers; self-propelled mortars; rocket launchers; and scattered mine-laying vehicles on wheeled chassis and on tracked chassis;
- Jelcz Sp. z.o.o. - designs, manufactures, and services wheeled cars, with armoured or unarmoured crew cabins;
- Fabryka Broni - manufactures assault rifles, submachine guns, personal and training weapons;
- Wojskowe Zaklady Lotnicze Nr 1 S.A.- overhauls, maintains, and upgrades of various aircrafts;
- Wojskowe Zaklady Lotnicze Nr 2 S.A. - overhauls and maintains highly complex strike fighters and fighter aircraft;
- Wojskowe Zaklady Lotnicze Nr 4 S. A. - overhauls and services military aircraft and helicopter turbine engines and auxiliary turbine power units;
- Wojskowe Zaklady Elektroniczne S.A. - designs, manufactures, and upgrades military equipment in the area of reconnaissance, radio electronic combat and command as well as communications, air defense and special electronics;
- Wojskowe Zaklady Lacznosci Nr 1 S.A. - supplies reliable, mobile and integrated ICT and communications systems based on state-of-the-art solutions; its offer is comprehensive: from design and manufacturing to user training, technical support and servicing;
- Wojskowe Zaklady Lacznosci Nr 2 S.A. - specializes in designing, manufacturing and integrating command and control vehicles, communications control rooms, ICT systems, electromagnetically shielded cabins, electro-acoustic public address systems, power generators and generating stations and logistics support package;
- Osrodek Badawczo-Rozwojowy Centrum Techniki Morskiej S.A. - specializes in underwater weapons systems, observation, command and direction systems, protection systems for sea ports and bases and other critical maritime infrastructure, radio communications and data exchange systems; and
- Stocznia Remontowa Nauta S.A. - specializes in constructing new vessels as well as repairs and conversions of various types of vessels. (END)