ADVISORY No. 5-2021
OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES FOR OFWs ARRIVING IN MANILA (Effective 01 February 2021)
The Philippine Embassy wishes to inform arriving Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) of the following operational guidelines to be observed upon their arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in Manila, effective 01 February 2021:
1. While abroad, register online thru https://c19.redcross.org.ph/arriving-passengers and secure your QR Code.
2. Briefing on health and safety protocols upon arrival at NAIA by Philippine Coast Guard. Secure and fill-out OWWA Project Care Form.
3. Proceed to Bureau of Immigration for clearance prior to retrieval of luggage(s).
4. Proceed to OWWA arrival counter and submit the Project Care Form. For seafarers, proceed to MARINA Help Desk.
5. For land-based OFWs, your accommodation will be provided free of charge by OWWA. For sea-based OFWs, your Local Manning Agency (LMA) will arrange for your hotel accommodation/quarantine facility. Note that your date of arrival is Day 1.
6. Board designated OWWA buses to your assigned quarantine facilities/hotels and observe strict quarantine procedure while thereat.
7. On Day 6, Philippine Coast Guard will conduct the RT-PCR swab test at the hotel/quarantine facility. Continue observing strict quarantine procedure while waiting for results.
8. Upon receipt of negative RT-PCR test results online, expect to receive Bureau of Quarantine Health Certificate indicating the actual number of days on quarantine.
9. Wait for advice and prepare to leave the hotel using OWWA assigned buses. For seabased OFWs, your LMA will arrange for your transportation to PITX or NAIA Terminal 2.
10. For Luzon bound, proceed to PITX in Paranague and for Visayas and Mindanao bound including Palawan proceed to NAIA PAL Terminal 2 for processing.
11. Fill-out necessary forms and wait for check-in announcement.
12. Proceed to pre-departure area and wait for boarding announcement.
13. Upon arrival at airport of destination, report to RTF/PTF/OWWA Station or LGU for accounting and instructions.
14. RTF/PTF or LGU will provide free transportation to LGU of final destination.
15. Complete the remainder of your quarantine (total of 14 days) at the city / municipal / barangay quarantine facility, or at home if permitted by your LGU.
16. Once released from quarantine by LGU, continue to observe minimum health standards like wearing of face mask, maintaining physical distance and washing of hands. Also, always keep your immune system high by having enough sleep, eating the correct food and doing regular physical exercise.