ADVISORY NO. 20-A-2020
REVISED MEASURES TO BE OBSERVED BY FILIPINOS AND FOREIGNERS TRAVELLING TO THE PHILIPPINES RELATIVE TO THE SARS- COV-2 VARIANT DETECTED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM IS HEREBY EXTENDED UNTIL 31 JANUARY 2021
The Philippine Embassy in Warsaw wishes to inform the public of the following additional measures to be observed for those going to the Philippines in light of the new variant of COVID-19:
A. The temporary suspension of flights from, and prohibition of entry on all travelers coming from or transiting through, the United Kingdom, imposed pursuant to IATF Resolution No. 90 issued on 23 December 2020, is hereby extended until 31 January 2021, except as modified with respect to Filipino citizens.
B. All foreign travelers coming from, or transiting through, the following countries/jurisdictions, or those who have been to these countries within 14 days immediately before arriving in the Philippines, are prohibited from entering the Philippines effective 0001H of 30 December 2020, until 31 January 2021:
- China, including Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region
- South Africa
- South Korea
- The Netherlands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
C. All Foreign travelers coming from, or with travel history within last 14 days prior to arrival in the Philippines in countries/jurisdictions covered by travel restrictions for the COVID-19 variants shall not be permitted entry into the Philippines until January 31, 2021, not withstanding any previous IATF resolutions or exemptions, except for the following foreign nationals with valid visas:
- Accredited foreign diplomats and personnel of accredited internationals organizations such as the World Health Organization and the United Nations, provided they will undergo RT-PRC test upon arrival at the airport, execute an undertaking, and observe strict 14-day quarantine pursuant to relevant DOH memorandum circular;
- Foreign dignitaries who shall observe existing testing and quarantine protocols upon arrival;
- Those for medical and emergency cases, including their medical escorts, if any, subject to the applicable testing and quarantine protocols as prescribes by the Department of Health; and
- Spouse and minor children of Filipino citizens travelling with them, subject to the same testing and quarantine protocols applicable to Filipino citizens.
D. Filipino citizens coming from countries/jurisdictions where travel restrictions for COVID-19 new variants are in place, or who have been to the same within fourteen (14) days immediately preceding arrival in the Philippines shall be subject to the prescribed testing and quarantine protocols, Filipino citizens arriving for highly exceptional and/or medical reasons, and local diplomats, shall be subject to the applicable quarantine protocols as prescribed by the Department of Health; and
E. Restrictions on travelers coming from other countries that report the presence of the new variant of SARS-CoV-2 may be imposed by the Office of the President upon the joint recommendation of the Department of Health and the Department of Foreign Affairs.
F. Outbound travel to countries with reported new variants shall be subject to the existing exit protocols of the Philippines as well as entry protocols of the respective countries.
In accordance with the IATF Resolution No. 91 dated 29 December 2020, all previously issued visas and entry exemptions granted to foreign nationals coming from, or transiting through, or who have stayed in the above-mentioned areas within 14 days from date of arrival in the Philippines, will not be honored by the Bureau of Immigration during the travel ban period from 30 December 2020 to 31 January 2021.
The conditions for exemptions from Philippine travel restrictions as stated in Advisory No. 19 shall still apply to foreign nationals who are not coming from, or transiting through, the thirty-four (34) countries listed in this new Advisory. END