ADVISORY NO. 17
Summary of Philippine Travel Restrictions and Exemptions
The Embassy wishes to advise the public that, due to the ongoing pandemic, foreign nationals are currently restricted from travelling to the Philippines.
Only the following foreign nationals are granted exemption, as of this date:
1. Foreign Government and International Organization officials accredited to the Philippines, and their dependents, with valid 9(e) visa;
2. Foreign airline crew;
3. Foreign seafarers, with valid 9(c) visa.
4. Foreign spouses of Filipino nationals, with valid appropriate visa;
5. Foreign minor children, and foreign children with special needs regardless of age, of Filipino nationals, with valid appropriate visa; and,
6. Foreign parents of minor Filipino children, and of Filipino children with special needs regardless of age, with valid appropriate visa;
The requirement for a visa includes those nationals who previously enjoyed visa-free privileges. This likewise covers former Filipino nationals, naturalized as citizens of other countries, who fit the above-mentioned categories.
The Embassy has resumed issuance of visas to qualified persons, pursuant to applicable regulations.
Those who fall under categories 4, 5, and 6 are required to present documentary proof in addition to the standard requirements for visa application. Once the appropriate visas are issued, they are also advised to bring the same documentary proof for presentation to Bureau of Immigration officials upon arrival in the country.
Foreign nationals who are already holders of the following visas, valid at the time of entry, will also be allowed entry into the Philippines:
7. Section 13 series of Commonwealth Act No. 613, as amended, which includes:
- Temporary Resident Visa (based on CA 613, Section 13a (marriage to Filipino))
- Temporary Resident Visa (based on MO ADD-01-038/ADD-02-015 (Indian nationals))
- MCL-07-021 Permanent Resident Visa (based on CA 613, Section 13a (Chinese nationals))
- Native Born Visa (based on CA 613, Section 13c (for foreigners born in the Philippines with at least 1 Permanent Resident parent));
8. RA7919 visas
- Legal residence status granted to certain foreign nationals through a Social Integration Program in the Philippines under certain conditions as provided under Republic Act No. 7919; and,
9. EO324 visa
- Foreign nationals who have acquired permanent residency under Executive Order No. 324.
The exemption also covers dependents of foreign nationals referred to in categories 7, 8, and 9.
All foreign nationals who qualify for the exemptions shall be subjected to the following conditions:
(a) With pre-booked accredited quarantine facility;
(b) With pre-booked COVID-19 testing provider; and,
(c) Subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers as set by the National Task Force for COVID-19.
This policy is in effect until further notice.
Warsaw, 01 September 2020