Temporary ban on foreigner arrivals in the Philippines
The Embassy wishes to inform the travelling public that in line with its efforts to control the spread of the coronavirus Covid-19 disease, the Philippine Government has declared an Enhanced Community Quarantine over the Philippines, and has declared a temporary travel ban on foreign nationals entering the Philippines, as follows:
1) Issuance of visas to foreign nationals: suspended effective 19 March 2020
- No more visas will be issued starting on 19 March 2020.
- All visas issued earlier are deemed cancelled, except visas issued to:
- Foreign Government and International Organization officials accredited to the Philippines; and
- foreign nationals who are spouses or children of Filipino nationals.
2) Visa-free entry privileges of foreign nationals: suspended effective 22 March 2020
- Starting on 00:00 H of 22 March 2020, the visa-free entry privileges of foreign nationals based on visa waiver agreements will be suspended. All foreign nationals, including those holding diplomatic or official passports, may not enter the Philippines visa-free, except those foreign nationals who are:
- spouses or children of Filipino nationals and travelling with the Filipino spouse or parent.
Please take note of these temporary border restrictions, and consider cancelling or postponing travel to the Philippines at this time to avoid any inconvenience.
For inquiries, please consult the Bureau of Immigration or contact the Embassy at +48 22 490 2025 or +48 694 491 664.
Warsaw, 20 March 2020.