Poland declares a state of epidemic emergency
The Embassy wishes to inform all Filipino citizens, especially those living in Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine, that in order to deter the spread of coronavirus disease Covid-19, Poland has declared a state of epidemic emergency that takes effect on Saturday evening, 14 March 2020.
Please be guided by the following significant restrictions in travel, transport and individual life under the state of epidemic emergency, including the ban on foreigners entering Poland. Please adjust your personal plans and activities accordingly in order to minimize problems.
Border restrictions will last for 10 days while other restrictions such as closing of restaurants and pubs will be in effect for 14 days. These measures will be reviewed and may be extended or newer measures introduced.
Following are the concrete effects of the state of epidemic emergency in Poland:
- foreigners will be banned from entering Poland starting on Saturday night;
- foreigners working or living in Poland can enter Poland, but they will have to undergo a 14-day quarantine;
- Polish citizens will have to undergo a 14-day quarantine after arriving in Poland;
- car traffic for Poles returning to Poland will be maintained, but strict checking procedures will be introduced;
- the restrictions will not apply to people living in border areas and working outside Poland, nor to professional drivers;
- the restrictions on the borders are to apply from the night from Saturday to Sunday for 10 days, with a possible extension;
- traffic inside Poland will continue unchanged;
- activities in shopping malls will be curtailed, only grocery stores, drugstores, laundry and pharmacy shops will be allowed to open;
- starting on Sunday 15 March 2020 international air and rail connections will be suspended, but freight traffic will not be suspended;
- international air charter connections will be allowed since there are people coming back from vacations abroad;
- gatherings of over 50 people will be prohibited, and this applies to all types of gatherings, whether private, public, religious, local, and administrative;
- all bars, restaurants, pubs, casinos and other similar places of entertainment will be closed, and restaurants can sell food only on delivery basis; and
- the restrictions on gatherings and entertainment venues will apply for 14 days with the possibility of extension.
The Embassy is ready to assist Filipino citizens at Tel. +48 22 490 2025 or +48 694 491 664 during normal working hours (Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), or can be contacted for assistance at Tel. +48 694 736 488 outside of office hours or in case of emergencies. They are requested to always check with the Embassy Website or Facebook page for further advisories. END
Warsaw, 14 March 2020.