ADVISORY NO. 19/2021
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE ONLINE OR VIRTUAL PROCESSES FOR FRONTLINE SERVICES OF THE OFFICE FOR OVERSEAS VOTING (OFOV), COMELEC
Pursuant to Section 1 of COMELEC Resolution No. 10709 promulgated on 14 July 2021, the COMELEC-OFOV has been authorized to receive and process certain types of applications or transactions through ONLINE MEANS, from overseas Filipinos that already have existing voters’ registration records with complete biometric data in the Commissioner’s voter record database, such as the following:
- Certification as an overseas voter;
- Reinstatement of names inadvertently omitted from the National Registry of Overseas Voters (NROV);
- Correction of entries in the Overseas Voter’s Registration Record (OVRR), specifically on the following data fields;
- Voter’s surname or family name by reason of marriage death of spouse, or final court judgment;
- Voter’s civil status by reason of marriage, death of spouse, or final court judgment; and
- Voter’s ename, to correct a misspelled name or erroneous entry.
- Request to withdraw the application for registration;
- Request to cancel OVRR;
- Reactivation of OVRRs that were deactivated due to causes listed in Section 14 of the Overseas Voting Act of 2013;
- Updating of mailing or postal addresses and other contact information of registered Overseas voters;
- Transfer of registration records between different Posts or Countries;
- Transfers of registration records from overseas/Post to a Philippine city/municipality, but only insofar as the cancellation of the overseas voters’ names from the Certified List of Overseas Voters (CLOV) and the removal of their overseas voter’s registration from the Book of Voters are concerned;
- Applications for issuance of certified true copy of Overseas Voter’s Registration Record, and other OFOV-related activities.
Interested applicants or clients can file their requests through any of the following:
- By using the iRehistro System on the COMELEC Website via this link: https://irehistro.comelec.gov.ph/irehistro/ovf1;
- By Facebook Messenger via this URL: https://fb.com/overseasvotingph.
However, it should be noted that applications or transactions requiring the live capture of the applicants’ or voters’ biometric data, such as their photographs, signatures, and fingerprints, are not covered by the aforementioned Resolution.
Overseas Filipinos in Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine who have existing voters’ registration records and requiring any of the above mentioned type of applications may now utilize the above online option to file their requests especially those who will find it difficult to travel to the Philippine Embassy in Warsaw for the said applications or transactions.