GUIDELINES FOR POLISH EMPLOYERS HIRING FILIPINO WORKERS
- A Polish employer must hire a Filipino worker through an accredited Philippine Recruitment Agency (PRA) and comply with Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) requirements for accreditation of Polish employers and deployment of Filipino workers.
- The Polish employer may either directly engage a PRA or use a Foreign Placement Agency (FPA).
- If the employer directly engages a PRA, the employer needs to submit requirements for accreditation as a Principal/Employer. (Attachment 2a Checklist below)
- If the employer uses a Foreign Placement Agency (FPA), who will in turn engage the PRA, both the employer and the FPA need to submit requirements for accreditation as a Foreign Placement Agency. (Attachment 2b Checklist below)
- POLO-Geneva will evaluate the documents and may require an interview and/or job site inspection.
Philippine Overseas Labor Office
Philippine Mission to the United Mission and other International Organizations
14 Allee David-Morse
Office No. +4122-716-3258 local 258
- The Principal will pay the fees to POLO Geneva by bank transfer. Please download the Guidelines for the schedule of fees and bank details.
- After verification of the employment documents, the Principal will be advised to arrange for pick-up service by a courier company to retrieve the verified employment documents. Alternatively, the Principal may directly address the documents to its counterpart Philippine Recruitment Agency for submission to the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration.
If you have further questions, please contact POLO-Geneva:
Philippine Mission to the United Nations
47 avenue Blanc, CH-1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel.: +41 22 738 7513
Please note that employment contracts should meet the minimum standards/ requirements (or equivalent) of the POEA Standard Employment Contract. Additional provisions in the contract may be required for specific types of employment.
Attachments for your reference
- Checklists for Accreditation
- Standard Employment Contract Template (Basic or minimum terms of this contract should be reflected in the employment contract)
- Sworn Undertaking Template (This is a commitment of compliance with basic human and labor rights of the worker.)
- Contingency Plan Template (A template describing the responsibilities the employer will assume for the safety and well-being of the employee in the event of a catastrophe, natural disaster, epidemic, war, terrorist attack, or any other calamity in the country or locality where the employee works.)
Warsaw, 09 October 2019.